Is this a Disorder and if so What kind is it?!! please help?!

Question: Is this a Disorder and if so What kind is it.?!! please help.?
i do have ADHD , if this has anything to do with it. But all i want to attention. it started out with acting stupid, you know like girls to to get guys, but i did it to everyone to a point where i actually become stupid and its no longer an act. But lately i have been so obsessed with getting attention that i want to be diagnosed with cancer for attention and i really mean it and that's really sad. i have friends- really great friends too who care about me but still that isn't enough. i am 14 and physically abused by my father if that has anything to do with it. please dont just tell me to see a therapist im desperate this point. Health Question & Answer

Ya, i have the same problem but not that bad and my dad doesn't beat me. ADHD has nothing to do with it. i don't have it but i've never been tested and a lot of people told me i should be. you want attention because deep down you want love. you arn't getting enough from your family and your insecure about trusting friends because you fake so much your not sure if there friends with the true you or who you fake being. I'm the middle of 5 kids i never got a lot of attention at home and i acted stupid to get it. most likely your fairly smart. so start learning be fun and entertaining but get your attention from knowing things. instead of not knowing things. and a therapist might actually be a good idea if your dad beat you when you were little if he still does f^cking get some help and go live with your aunt and uncle or something. your teacher or school councilor can help you with getting help, and even if you don't need it its better to be safe then crazy. good luck Health Question & Answer

Honestly,some of your behavior may be associated w/ ADHD. People are different with different personalities and people with one diagnosed mental illness or disorder are more likely to have others. This might be the beginning presentation of many different emotional or psychological problems, but it could very well be a product of your environment. You can not possibly understand at the age of 14 how much your relationship with your parents affects you as a person. I do suggest you share your concerns and frustrations with your doctor, counselor or someone and I am sure they will do all they can to try and help you. You may not feel comfortable at first, but all you tell them, besides anything that can cause danger to yourself or others, is confidential. Trust that you are not alone.Health Question & Answer

physical abuse needs reporting right away .life will change though I think it's just the age you are and the things in life that you're facing that's making you this way I think the next few years you'll turn into a different person. you can see your own faults which is good concentrate on being a friend rather than looking for sympathy. good luck but do something about this abuse noone should suffer that.Health Question & Answer

sorry but yes you should seek medical sounds like you have a lot of troubles rushing through your head. i think that talkng to someone would help.
And if the final part of your message is true, and only you can answer that. then you need to tell some one who can help you, a friend, a teacher, because you should not have to deal with such discusting and disturbed actions, let alone from your father.
please take care and seek the help you need xxHealth Question & Answer

ok, call a helpline to get away from your father. that's the majority of whats causing your problem. Then, try to do things that will get you attentio in a good way, like wearing make up and buying nice clothes. You can also try to join a club like cheerleading or sports, where all eyes will be on you, trust me.Health Question & Answer

There is Physical abuse and sexual abuse you don't say which.
Both should be reported and you should seek Counselling at the earliest opportunity.
There was a programme recently where it was stated ADHD does not exist, it is treatable 100%.
Sounds like to me you are crying out for attention for the wrong reasons. Get Counselling now.Health Question & Answer

iv heard of that before! I think you might have P.T.S.D
try go yo youre Doctor! I understand you might not want to, but it might be the only good thing for you to do! That happened to my friend, and she didnt want to go to the therapist or doctor, but she did in the end and everything is fine for her now! Good luck hun!! Hope things will turn out ok for you! Health Question & Answer

Many people with ADHD constantly act out to get attention. It is also possible you have a less severe form of Autism. Being physically abused may trigger some actions as a subconscious cry for help, but it would help if you specified how you were abused.Health Question & Answer

The only one that will be able to make an accurate diagnosis will be a psychiatrist. Since I'm not a doctor, there's no way for me to give you valid diagnosis.

If you're being physically abused, you NEED to report this to the police. Call 9-1-1 NOW!Health Question & Answer

You do need help, first you need to talk to some one such as a school counselor, Mom, friends and tell them what your Dad has been doing to you. Then I'm sure that will tell why you crave attention. Your Dad should be ashamed of himself and suffer the consequences. I wish you all the best.Health Question & Answer

Just my opinion but..................the ADHD is understandable and treatible but ANY abuse by anyone is neither understandable nor should you tolerate it. Abuse can cause horrible damage to your body and your mind. Please get help. A relative, a teacher, a friend. Please Please
Health Question & Answer

Hah- How are supposed to believe that you are getting abused by your father.? Sounds like another way to get attention to me.Health Question & Answer

sounds like you definitely have histrionic personality disorder, maybe narcissistic personality disorder. Health Question & Answer

.?.?.?Health Question & Answer

You might be histrionic.Health Question & Answer

me too i need atention so badly and want to do any thing to get it.. let's get attentionHealth Question & Answer

ADD.Health Question & Answer

speak with your therapist. Health Question & Answer

First of all, not even a psychologist or a psychiatrist would diagnose you with this short description of attention seeking behavior. But there is a personality disorder CHARACTERIZED by attention seeking behavior. Ill attach a little decription of histrionic personality disorder, but this by no means is a diagnosis.

Diagnostic Features:

Histrionic Personality Disorder is a condition characterized by excessive emotionality and attention-seeking. This disorder is only diagnosed when these behaviors become persistent and very disabling or distressing.


Individuals with this disorder may have difficulty achieving emotional intimacy in romantic relationships. Without being aware of it, they often act out a role (e.g., "victim" or "princess"). They may seek to control their partner through emotional manipulation or seductiveness on one level, whereas displaying a marked dependency on them at another level. Individuals with this disorder often have impaired relationships with same-sex friends because of their sexually provocative behavior or their demands for constant attention. They crave novelty, stimulation, and excitement and have a tendency to become bored with their usual routine. Although they often initiate a job or project with great enthusiasm, their interest may lag quickly. The actual risk of suicide is not known, but individuals with this disorder are at increased risk for suicidal gestures and threats to get attention and coerce better care giving.
Health Question & Answer

The consumer health information on is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
The answer content post by the user, if contains the copyright content please contact us, we will immediately remove it.
Copyright © 2007-2012 -   Terms of Use -   Contact us

Health Q&A Resources