My two year old son deserves someone better?!

Question: My two year old son deserves someone better.?
I drink vodka every night and have convinced myself that if i killed myself he would be better off

am i being selfish in justifying thisHealth Question & Answer

You are very depressed and the alcohol is making you worse. Your son needs you and you need to seek help as soon as possible.

You are not being selfish, you are looking for a way out because you are so depressed. I've been there, but suicide is not the answer. Your son needs you, not just now, but he will always need you..Please seek some help. Mind are a great organisation - you could ring them now: 0845 766 0163.

Please believe me when I say you will get through this and come out the other end a stronger person. Take care x Health Question & Answer

You would be selfish if you killed yourself and left your son without a mummy.

Go and see your doctor and admit you have a problem you can get help for this.

Your son will start to notice soon enough and if you're pissed up every night one day he could need your help and you wont' be able to look after him.

There is a deep rooted reason you are drinking like this and a good councillor and support grou (al anon or the like) would be able to help you.

Good Luck

p.s. I've had a drink problem, it's hard but you can get through it. Health Question & Answer

Oh please don't harm yourself. Your son will suffer so much more without you than he does with you. Get help. Go to AA, talk to a dr. or family member, just do something to help pull yourself out of this. I know life is hard, life with small children can be very challenging and send you to the end of your rope sometimes. But HOLD ON. Not only for his sake, but for your own. Imagine what would happen to him if you were gone. He needs his mommy. Please get help....don't leave him motherless. You CAN get out of this funk, I promise. you just have to take the steps necessary to get there. good luck Health Question & Answer

:( I am very sorry for you; please try and get some help.

You are a good parent because you are worried about what your son deserves. What your son deserves is you, but you need to stop drinking all the time. And you don't want to die. You have to remember that your life is so important - especially to your son. Remember that you are not alone. I know how you feel...Health Question & Answer

Your son will not benefit in anyway from losing his mother. He will never really understand and therefore be wrought with some sort of emotional anguish his entire life. Instead your son deserves a sober happy parent you deserve to be happy too. Get help. It's not far offHealth Question & Answer

at least you feel bad thats a good start

now why not give up the drink.?

i think that would be the best thing for your son then he can have the mummy he needs and you could be the mother you want to be Question & Answer

no, you love him... or you think you.... how can you love someone else if you don't love yourself.?

stop the drink. or your son will grow up around drink and may drink. it's your job to stop history repeating.Health Question & Answer

You need help. Killing yourself is the worst thing you can do for your son. That would be totally selfish - it would ruin his life. Get some professional help.Health Question & Answer

Please get yourself some help, try your GP it you can't face him just now, have a word with the Samaritans.Health Question & Answer

Stop drinking vodka every night, get a grip, spend yr drink money on better things (eg: your child).Health Question & Answer

You should try AA. The first step to solving your problem is admitting you have one. Best of luck!Health Question & Answer

yes you need to put your son over yourselfHealth Question & Answer

The consumer health information on is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
The answer content post by the user, if contains the copyright content please contact us, we will immediately remove it.
Copyright © 2007-2012 -   Terms of Use -   Contact us

Health Q&A Resources